Lately I have been taking advantage of Walmart’s Online Ordering and free grocery pick up. As someone who loves to roam the aisles I was always really hesitant to do online shopping but lately I have been really loving it. It saves me a ton of time PLUS it also ends up saving me money.
I find that being able to review my orders in the cart before I purchase makes me think a little harder about our meal plan and weekly needs. Plus, I can always double check my pantry and freezer inventory to make sure I have (or don’t have) what I need to make for the week.
As always, I suggest using what you already have in your pantry and freezer and then just using your grocery trip to fill in what you need. I have a small stockpile of pantry staples and frozen foods that I cycle through that have been so important in helping to keep my weekly grocery budget pretty low.
You can check out my tips for creating a good stockpile here. I also have a list of easy meals to make from your pantry.
I highly recommend using Ibotta to help you earn cash back on your groceries. This week I earned $3.10 back on items I was going to purchase anyway. When I’ve earned $50, I will withdraw the cash and use it to add to my stockpile and replenish anything I’m really low on.
Walmart Grocery List
- Tomatoes – .$0.71
- Zucchini – $.76
- Bananas (2 Bunches) – $2.18
- 3 lb bag Apples – $3.29
- Brussel Sprouts – $2.24
- 2 lb Fresh Strawberries – $3.88
- 1 Pint Fresh Blueberries – $2.27
- Frozen Broccoli – $1.00
- Great Value Cheese Sticks – $2.84
- Chocolate Chip Granola Bars $4.77
- Macaroni and Cheese $1.00
- Veggie Straws – $1.98
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- $9.86
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – $4.98
- Unsalted Butter – $2.98
- Dozen Eggs – $.95
- Cream Cheese 2 Pack – $2.64
- Milk Chocolate Chips – $1.98
- Marketside Cheese Pizza – $5.64
- Ziti – $.82
- Ground Turkey – $3.98
- Bagels – $4.56
- Sliced Colby Cheese x 2 – $3.68
- Chicken Breasts $7.94
- 1 Gallon Milk – $2.69
- Peanut Butter $2.94
- 10 lbs All Purpose Flour – $2.24
Tax – 8.19
Total – $92.99
Walmart Meal Plan
As I mentioned above, I already have some stuff on hand that I am using for this meal plan. Here’s what I had on hand so you get a sense of how I built out my meal plan.
From the Freezer:
- Pasta Sauce
- Lunch Meat – I got a good deal on lunch meat so I put one package in the freezer (yes you can freeze lunch meat!)
- Bread – I still have a loaf of store bought bread and 1 loaf of homemade bread that is more than enough for the week.
From the Pantry:
- Quinoa – This was an impulse buy when it was super cheap and I haven’t used it yet.
- Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt and Spices.
From the Fridge
- Ricotta – Walmart substituted the small ricotta in my grocery order for a large one, so I’m using up what’s left to make baked ziti.
- Lettuce – I always buy a 3 pack of Romaine lettuce and it lasts us about 2 weeks.
- Grilled Steak, Roasted Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts
- Pizza Night
- Chicken Paprikash with Rice and Broccoli (This recipe is our kids favorite dish!)
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili ( I use this as my base recipe and tweak it)
- Baked Ziti and Salad – This will be enough for 2 dinners
All served with Fruit
- Ham & Cheese Sandwiches
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Bean and Quinoa Salad
All served with fruit
- Eggs and Biscuits (I made biscuits from scratch using this recipe. They were a hit. I made a double batch and we can eat them throughout the week)
- Veggie Straws
- Cheese Sticks
- Apples and Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (This is my favorite recipe)
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
Looking for more Meal Plans? Check out all My Meal Plans Here.