If you’re stuck at home and aren’t able to get to the grocery store or you don’t want to eat out, you can pull together a tasty easy meal straight out of your pantry.
With everything that’s going on right now, more and more of us are stocking up on pantry items and looking for ways to go to the grocery store less often.
These easy and healthy pantry meals will help you save money and give you lots of ideas on how to use what’s already in your pantry!
Stocking Your Pantry
Before I share these tasty recipes I want to just give you a quick rundown of some basic pantry items (including proteins and vegetables) that are great to have on hand at all times.
This list includes just your basics, so feel free to build upon this list as you shop.
- Canned Chili Beans
- Canned Chicken
- Canned Tuna
- Canned Salmon
- Canned Mackeral (in different flavored sauces for variety)
- Canned Tomatoes (choose different seasonings for variety)
- Canned Vegetables
- Beans – A variety of canned or dried beans are great to have on hand
- Soup Stock – Chicken, Beef, or Vegetable broths are a great base and can add lots of flavor
- Seasoning Packets – Chili, Taco, Ranch, or any other flavor packets
- Dried Pasta
It’s always great to take advantage of your grocery store’s deals to help fill up your pantry stockpile. There’s no need to rush to create this stockpile.
Do it over time and you’ll be surprised at how much you can save!
10 Simple Pantry Meal Ideas
I asked my favorite food bloggers to share their best pantry meals and I was not disappointed! These pantry meals are so simple and great for the whole family!
1. Silly Chili Macaroni (from Saving Talents)
2. 8 Can Taco Soup (from Feeding Your Fam)
3. One Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls (from Food, Folks and Fun)
4. 15 Minute Creamy Salmon Linguine (from Skinny Spatula)
5. Black Bean & Rice Open-Faced Tacos (from A Mummy Too)
6. Kid Approved Tuna Burgers (from the Mama Maven)
7. Artichoke Pasta (from Inside the Rustic Kitchen)
8. Macaroni and Tomatoes (from Savory with Soul)
9. Creamy Tortilla Soup (from Fresh Simple Home)
10. Chickpea Salad (from Plants Dish)
If you’re looking for more simple meal ideas check out: